Spring has sprung, and so has our NEW Plantiful Protein Vanilla Fudge. Here at Morlife, we are all about bringing you the latest, most up-to-date products in-line with your primary nutrition needs. Earlier this year we sowed a seed of kaizen (continuous improvement) and have nurtured this little sprout so now you can reap the benefit of meeting your nutrition and training needs. Suitable for vegetarians, vegans, those who benefit from a gluten-free diet (so just about everyone); you will love this smooth vanilla-caramel protein in water, smoothies or your favourite recipes for a protein-boost.
Here’s why we are in love with Vanilla Fudge:
- It has a whopping 22.8g of plant based protein, per serve.This is an excellent source of protein, equal to 46% of your recommended intake.This is an improvement on our original baby Chocolate Cacao, which still has 20.8g per serve! Gone are the days that someone will ask you “but where do you get your protein?” Because it’s in here, baby! Protein is very important for the growth, maintenance and repair of all cells, but is most known for its ability to support lean muscle mass.
- Our combination of Hemp, Pumpkin Seed and Rice protein powders are 3 seeds in a pod, providing you with the full spectrum of plant-based amino acids to support lean muscle tone and recovery. The addition of Branch Chain Amino Acids or BCAAs (Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine) for muscle recovery as well as Arginine and Glutamine for added whole-body support – help you refuel after a gruelling training session!
- Something we are incredibly excited about is that Plantiful Protein Vanilla Fudge is more than just a protein powder. We have specially formulated this baby to support the common nutritional deficiencies of vegans and vegetarians. One study states that vegans are at risk of vitamin B12 and vitamin D deficiency as these nutrients are not readily available in their diet unless included in fortified foods1. The same study concludes that zinc and iron are also nutrients of concern as while intake can be high, the bioavailability of these nutrients can be quite low1. Calcium intake can also be a concern1 in the absence of dairy consumption, the main source of calcium in the Western diet2. Plantiful Protein Vanilla Fudge contains a whopping:
- 78% of your daily Iron needs
- 25% of your daily vitamin D dose
- 22% of your zinc requirements;
- And a generous whack of Calcium, Magnesium, Iodine and vitamin B12. We have supercharged this formula so you can get the most out of your nutrition and training regime.
- The inclusion of the amazing enzymes papain and bromelain help you get the most out of each serve.
- We’ve added Green Tea along with Mucuna and Eleuthero extract, two naturopathic herbs known as adaptogens. We all know that training (and life) presents us with many different stressors and these two gems help us to adapt to these stresses.
- Greens, greens the magical food, the more you eat all the better for you! Broccoli Sprouts, Kale and Kelp are our special twist on your usual protein powder, as pretty much everyone can do with more greens!
Ready to make Plantiful Protein Vanilla Fudge your best training partner? Try it out in this delicious Recovery Smoothie Bowl recipe.
- Frozen banana
- 200 ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop Plantiful Protein Vanilla Fudge
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Handful fresh blueberries & sliced banana
- 1 square dark chocolate (min 70%)
- 2 tsp Morlife Organic Cacao Nibs
- Sprinkle of Almonds & Morlife Organic Chia Seeds
- Add all the ingredients into a blender and process until smooth and creamy. Transfer into your bowl.
- Top with topping ingredients. Enjoy!
- Winston, C 2009, ‘Health effects of vegan diets’, The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, viewed 24 May 2018, <https://academic.oup.com/ajcn/article/89/5/1627S/4596952>.
- Ross, AC, Taylor CL, Yaktine, AL & Del Valle, HB 2001, Calcium and Vitamin D, The National Academies Press, Washington D.C, viewed 24 May 2018, <https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK56060/>.