6-Ingredient Vegan Vanilla Custard made from scratch! Easy, thick and creamy are the only way to describe this healthy custard recipe. You’ll find yourself drizzling this on everything in no time!
There’s a few ingredients in this recipe that all work together to bring a thick, velvety texture together. The mangoes, coconut milk/cream and Vanilla Fudge Plantiful Protein add to the consistency and creaminess so there’s no need for eggs and milk/cream like in traditional recipes.
Free from added sugar this custard is sweetened naturally with mango and orange, which enriches this custard with vitamin A, vitamin B6, vitamin C and iron (winning!). The star ingredient though is the Morlife Vanilla Fudge Plantiful Protein which contains zinc to help immune functions and protect us from free radicals.
To get this custard together you’ll simply need to blend all of the ingredients together until combined. You can choose to eat it by itself or pair it with fruit and some muesli like we did with these tender baked pears! An amazing, light dessert option.
VANILLA PROTEIN RAW VEGAN CUSTARD
MAKE TIME: 10 mins
STEP BY STEP
- Remove the flesh and skin from the mango and discard the skin.
- Combine mango flesh into a blender with coconut cream, turmeric latte, vanilla extract, Vanilla Protein powder and the juice of 1 orange.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. Add more orange juice for thinner custard.
- Pour into a glass jar and store covered in the fridge until needed.
- Serve as a raw dessert, with pies, tarts, fresh fruits or enjoy straight out of the jar.