Winter is the perfect excuse to cosy up on the couch with your favourite movie and a hearty warm bowl of something delicious! We’ve got just the perfect recipe for you this winter to nourish your body from the inside out.
Our Winter Warmer Curry is gluten free and vegan and features our Tri Colour Quinoa. Made up of equal amounts of black, red & white quinoa grains, the combination provides a range of antioxidants including flavonoids and polyphenols. Morlife’s Tri Colour Quinoa also provides a source of iron, protein and a good source of fibre! These ancient supergrains really have it all!
Loaded with delicious herbs and spices, plus hearty vegetables, this dish is super easy to whip up and even better to make in bulk to keep handy in the freezer. It’s also one of those recipes that taste great with any vegetables- so feel free to add any veggies you may find in the fridge for extra vegetable goodness!
Once you’ve added all your vegetables and spices, allow the curry to simmer for around 30 minutes for it to become extra flavoursome and aromatic. You can also add in liquid (stock or water) depending on how thick you want the consistency.
After your curry has been simmering for 30 minutes, you can add in a few handfuls of fresh spinach before plating up. Give the curry a good mix, allowing the spinach leaves to wilt every so slightly. Serve with cooked Tri Colour quinoa and fresh coriander and you are ready to go!
WINTER WARMER CURRY
PREP & COOK TIME: 1.5 hrs
1 garlic, finely sliced
1 brown onion, chopped
1 capsicum, chopped
1 tbsp coconut oil
1-2 tbsp curry powder
1 tbsp cumin powder
1 tbsp coriander powder
1 large sweet potato, chopped
400g can diced tomatoes
400g can chickpeas, chopped
1-2 cups fresh spinach leaves
Fresh coriander, to serve
Salt & pepper to taste
STEP BY STEP
- Cook garlic, onion & capsicum in coconut oil, add the herbs & spices and stir well. Microwave the sweet potato for 10 minutes.
- Once vegetables have softened, add the diced tomatoes, chickpeas and sweet potato. Allow to cook for 30 minutes on low. (add water depending on how thick you like it)
- Cook tricolour quinoa according to packet instructions.
- Add the fresh spinach to the curry right before serving and allow the leaves to wilt through.
- Serve the with tricolour quinoa and fresh coriander.