Baked Brie Wreath
The best Christmas decorations are the ones you can eat, which is why we’re officially obsessed with this Baked Brie Wreath. The perfect mix of sweet and savoury combining buttery puff pastry and gooey Brie cheese with apricot jam and maple syrup, prepare your taste buds for the most un-brie-leavably delicious ride of their lives.
1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
2-3 tbsp apricot jam
200 g Brie cheese, sliced
2 tbsp pistachio nuts, roughly chopped
1 egg, beaten
1 sprig each of fresh thyme and rosemary⠀
1 tbsp crumbled feta
1 tbsp maple syrup⠀
1-2 tsp Morlife Complete Gut Restore
- Preheat oven to 200ºC/400ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll the pastry out to around 5mm thick and cut a large circle out of the pastry.
- Lay the pastry on the prepared baking sheet.
- Mark a circle with a medium-sized bowl and, with a sharp knife, cut 4 cuts into the center circle.
- Spread the apricot jam around the center "star" then top with the Brie and pistachios.
- Bring one point of the center star over the filling as well as bringing the outer edge of pastry inwards. Press the two together and continue until you have a wreath.
- Brush with beaten egg then place in the oven and allow to bake for 15 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
- Add maple syrup and Complete Gut Restore in a bowl, and stir well.
- Remove Brie wreath from the oven, allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Pour over maple syrup drizzle and dress with crumbled feta, goji berries and fresh rosemary & thyme.
- Slice and serve.