Zucchini's have been every where this past year and for good reason. Their versatility can be used in every dish you could possibly think of! Grilled, baked, steamed, spiralised, added to sauces; you name it and you can zucchini-fy it!
Have you ever tried zucchini fries? Let us tell you, this is a MUST try. If you are craving chips but you want a healthier yet super tasty and crunchy alternative... this recipe is calling you!
Zucchinis are extremely low in fat, carbs, sugar, or really anything! They consist mostly of water and therefore carry only little calories. Of course we are covering these carb and fat-free veggies in a tasty breadcrumb-parmesan coating but hey... a few calories won't hurt you. After all, it's baked not fried.
The breadcrumb-parmesan coating makes these chips crunchy (and irresistible!). Enjoy them with a home-made dip using our amazing Superdip Mix Spinach, Herb & Onion and you're in for a treat that nourishes your body AND tastes amazing.
BAKED ZUCCHINI CHIPS WITH SPINACH, HERB & ONION SUPERDIP MIX
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 40 minutes
250mL (1 cup) Natural yoghurt
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 cup breadcrumbs (for gluten free: use Morlife Certified Organic Quinoa flakes or GF breadcrumbs)
Salt and pepper, to taste
STEP BY STEP
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Cut zucchini into thick chips.
- In a bowl, add the breadcrumbs, parmesan, salt and pepper and chopped parsley.
- Dip each zucchini stick into the egg and then into the breadcrumb mix, coating evenly.
- Place onto baking trays lined with baking paper, leaving space between the chips. Generously spray with oil.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes or until golden and crisp, turning chips over half way through for even cooking.
- Meanwhile, prepare dip by mixing the contents of the SuperDip Mix pouch with 1 cup of yoghurt. For a chunkier alternative, try cottage cheese. Place in the fridge until the chips are ready.
- Serve Superdip with zucchini chips immediately. Enjoy!