Looking for a brekky that really stacks up this Valentine’s Day? Look no further than these decadent red velvet pancakes. Rife with realfood goodness and tasty chocolate chips, these babies get their ravishing red hue from ~au naturel~ beetroot powder! Yep, you heard that right! Because if there’s one thing we don’t love, it’s artificial colours! And if you really want to go all out and impress your boo on this international day of luuurve, we highly recommend making our Clever Kidz Choc Hazelnut Spread to top it all off. Picture rich roasted hazelnutty goodness oozing over warm, fluffy pancakes – it’s a match made in heaven and we’re playing cupid, so get cookin’!
1 cup gluten free plain flour, sifted
¼ cup Morlife® Cacao Powder Certified Organic, sifted
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
1 ¼ cups almond milk
¼ cup maple syrup
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla
¾ cup chocolate chips
Clever Kidz Choc Hazelnut Spread (to serve)
Frozen berries (to serve)
- Mix together the sifted flour, cacao, baking powder, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips in a large bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the milk, maple syrup, eggs and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Don’t overmix.
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray and pour approx. ¼ cup of the batter for each pancake.
- Cook until bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake, then flip and cook for a further 1-2 mins until cooked through.
- Remove cooked pancakes to a plate or place in the oven to keep warm while you repeat. Be sure to spray the pan between batches so you pancakes don’t stick.
- Serve with our Clever Kidz Choc Hazelnut Spread and frozen berries. Bon appétit!