Inner Spark Strawberry Ice Cream Shortcake
It’s in our nature to like pretty things, which is why we are absolutely OBSESSED with this super cute strawberry ice cream shortcake. Almost too pretty to eat, this perfectly pink delight is light & fluffy, sweet & crumbly and has us skipping through strawberry fields with every bite. And if that’s not enough, this delicious, realfood dessert is also packed with gut-loving nutrients to nourish your insides as well. So go on, enjoy life on the lighter side (literally) with this adorably show-stopping shortcake!
- 2 cups strawberries (plus extra for serving)
- 3 egg whites
- ¼ cup caster sugar (or 3 heaped tbsp Morlife® Certified Organic Monk Fruit)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 serves Morlife® Complete Gut Restore Berry Melon
- 125g butter melted
- 1 packet plain biscuits
- Cut the tops off the strawberries and process them briefly in a food processor or blender until they are pulpy but still a little chunky.
- Beat the egg whites, sugar, vanilla, Complete Gut Restore and processed strawberries in a large bowl or electric mixer.
- Continue beating until the mixture has quadrupled in size and is thick, pink and mousse-like, approx. 5 mins.
- Mix melted butter & biscuits together and press into a lined spring-form cake tin. Then, pour in the pink egg white mix and freeze for at least 24 hours.
- Serve with extra strawberries (ideally fresh) and enjoy!