Struggling for healthy yet tasty lunch and dinner ideas? Not to worry- we’ve got you covered! Thanks to our Quinoa Risotto range which comes in 4 mouth watering flavours, it’s easier than ever to throw together nutritious meals.
This recipe features our Oriental Ginger & Teriyaki Quinoa Risotto, which contains an Asian inspired blend of herbs, spices and dried vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, carrot, zucchini, mushroom, onion, red capsicum and ginger. Gluten free and providing a source of fibre and protein, its super easy to prepare, as you will notice when making this scrumptious recipe!
We’ve gone ahead and added extra veg and protein to make it a completely filling and satisfying meal. If you are a vegetarian or don’t eat fish, this recipe tastes just as awesome with tofu, chicken or beef.
Start by preparing your Oriental Ginger & Teriyaki Quinoa Risotto, whilst that’s cooking away on the stove you can start on the veg and protein. If you’re stuck for time you can microwave the veggies before hand then add them on to a saucepan for a few minutes to simmer in the sesame oil. Using the same pan to cook the fish gives that extra bit of flavour, not to mention reducing the dishes when it comes to clean up time!
Once all the ingredients are cooked, it’s time to assemble! Start by laying out the quinoa risotto to the one side of the bowl then you can add the cooked veggies to the other side. Place the sliced avocado on top, followed by the Nori sushi sheet and grilled fish. Serving this meal with the sesame seeds, spring onion and oyster sauce adds the final delicious touches ready for your enjoyment!
ORIENTAL TERIYAKI BOWL
PREP & COOK TIME: 30 min
SERVES: 1-2 serves
1 carrot, chopped
¼ Broccoli bunch, chopped
3 button mushrooms, sliced
1 tbsp sesame oil
50g white fish (we used Basa, but Barramundi would be amazing too!)
½ avocado, sliced
1 Nori sushi sheet
1 stalk spring onion, chopped
1 tbsp black sesame seeds
1 tbsp white sesame seeds
Optional: oyster sauce
STEP BY STEP
- Prepare Oriental Ginger & Teriyaki Quinoa Risotto according to packet instructions on the stove top.
- Cook carrot, broccoli and mushrooms in a saucepan with sesame oil, allow to simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Place the white fish in a pan, and cook both sides until lightly browned, remove from pan, slice it, then set aside.
- Once the Oriental Ginger & Teriyaki Quinoa Risotto has cooked and all the water has evaporated, serve in a medium bowl.
- Add the sliced avocado, cooked vegetables, sliced fish and Nori sushi sheet.
- Serve with black and white sesame seeds, spring onion and oyster sauce (optional)
After more Buddha Bowl dishes? Check out this delicious Creamy Turmeric Nourishing Buddha Bowl here.