Raw Christmas Clean Treat Cheesecake
Have your cake and eat it too with this gluten-free, dairy-free, GUILT-FREE raw cheesecake. With a delectable cookies and cream base, velvety smooth filling and berrylicious, collagen-packed frosting to boot, this cake will have everyone coming back for seconds (and thirds).
- 3 cups raw cashews (450g) soaked overnight, drained and rinsed
- ¾ cup water (180ml)
- ¾ cup maple syrup (180ml)
- ½ cup coconut oil (120ml) melted
- ¼ cup lemon juice (60ml) freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Morlife® Antiox Beauty Collagen
- ¾ cup vegan vanilla frosting (we cheated and used a premade frosting but you can find an easy clean frosting recipe online to make it extra guilt-free)
- Candy canes
- Sugar decorations
- Spray an 8-inch round springform pan with non-stick spray and line the bottom with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Make your Cookies and Cream Clean Treat base (refer to ingredients and method on packet) and transfer to the pan. Use the back of a spoon to press it down into a neat flat layer. Place into the freezer to set.
- Take your soaked and rinsed cashew nuts and place them into a blender jug. Add the water, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, lemon juice & vanilla extract and then blend everything together until very smooth.
- Pour this over the Cookies and Cream Clean Treat base and smooth down with the back of a spoon. Return to the freezer to set completely – about 4-6 hours.
- When the cheesecake has completely set, remove it from the springform pan and put it onto a cake stand to pipe your icing and decorate.