This Raw Oreo Slice recipe was created as part of our collaboration with So Beautifully Real using Morlife's decadent Certified Organic Cacao powder to recreate that chocolatey goodness. You're going to go a little cacao crazy in love with this vegan and gluten free version of this classic!
Sam's love note for this recipe:
"These bars are creamy, mega 'chocolatey' and decadent - They will be a little hard to put down. But all jokes aside, they are so easy to make and I can guarantee they will become a staple for you to make. I'd highly recommend investing in a good food processor/blender to make these to ensure the perfect 'raw brownie' texture. Other than that, I don't have much else to say except: ENJOY!" - Sam Murphy, So Beautifully Real
Raw Oreo Slice
PREP TIME: 30 mins
FREEZE TIME: Overnight
SERVES: 6-8 serves
2 cups raw almonds
1 1/2 cups coconut flour
2 cups dates, pitted and soaked in warm water for 30 minutes
1/3 cup melted coconut oil
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
water as needed
1 1/2 cups raw cashew nuts, soaked for 3-6 hours
3/4 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup rice malt syrup
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
1/2 cup coconut butter, melted
MELTED CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE:
1/3 cup melted coconut oil (more if needed)
1/4 cup maple syrup
pinch of salt
STEP BY STEP
- To prepare the brownie, blend the almonds, coconut flour, salt, vanilla and cacao powder in a high powered food processor until a fine crumb forms. Add the dates and coconut oil and blend until well combined and a dough begins to stick together.
- Transfer to a bowl and gradually add small amounts of water until the dough sticks together further. Only add as much as you need until it forms a soft dough.
- Reserve 1/4 of the mixture and press the rest evenly into a lined brownie pan or loaf pan and freeze for a few hours until firm.
- Rinse and drain the cashews and blend the cream layer ingredients in a high powered blender until smooth and creamy and no lumps remain. Pour over the base evenly.
- Break the mixture you reserved earlier and scatter it through the cream mixture. Smooth the top of the slice with the back of a spoon.
- Freeze the whole slice overnight. When ready to slice, allow to defrost for 10 minutes and then slice with a hot, wet knife for best results.
- To make the chocolate drizzle, simply whisk the ingredients together with a fork until no lumps remain. Add more coconut oil if you'd like it thinner. Drizzle over the slices and enjoy immediately. Keep any uneaten slices in the freeze and simply defrost as you need.