500g Chicken thighs
4 Potatoes, quartered
4 Carrots, quartered
1 bunch Leeks, thickly sliced
1 bunch flat leaf Parsley
1 ½ tsp. Morlife Certified Organic Turmeric powder
1 tsp. Paprika
½ tsp. Garlic Powder
Salt and Pepper
½ cup Low-sodium Chicken broth
¼ cup White wine (alternatively a splash of vinegar)
Juice of 1 Lemon
Juice of half an Orange
½ cup Olive Oil
1. Blend spices
2. Mix marinade ingredients together in a bowl
3. Use half of the spice mix to rub into the chicken thighs.
4. Add the remaining of the spice mix to the marinade and mix well to combine
5. Divide marinade in half and add half to the chicken in a large bowl. Mix well, cover and let marinate in fridge for an hour
6. Preheat oven to 200°C
7. Meanwhile, prepare veggies by pre-cooking in a microwave-safe bowl for 10 minutes.
8. Add carrots, potatoes and leeks to a baking dish and drizzle with a decent amount of olive oil and the remaining marinade. Mix to coat.
9. Remove chicken from fridge and transfer to oven dish on top of vegetables.
10. Bake in oven for approximately 45 minutes. If you have a kitchen thermometer, inside of chicken should be 74-77°C.
11. Meanwhile, prepare quinoa according to packet instructions. Once cooked, dress quinoa with lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste, olive oil and stir through freshly chopped parsley.
12. Serve and enjoy!