Enjoy little bites of sunshine with these melt in your mouth Turmeric Shortbread Cookies. Boasting a naturally vibrant yellow hue that will instantly brighten up your day, enjoy the crumbly goodness of sweetness, spice and everything nice finished with crunchy toasted coconut to take your munching to the next level.
- 2 cups + 2 tbsp gluten free plain flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 6 tbsp cornflour
- 2 serves Spiced Vanilla Turmeric Latte
- ⅔ cup vegan butter
- 1 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 4 tbsp plant-based milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Shredded coconut (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 200°
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, cornflour and Spiced Vanilla Turmeric Latte.
- In a separate bowl with a stand or hand mixer, cream together butter, sugar, milk and vanilla until light and creamy.
- Gradually fold in the dry ingredients
- Once combined, chill mixture in the freezer for 10 mins.
- Once mixture is cooled, roll into balls and place on a lined baking try. Press down with the back of a fork to flatten the cookies.
- Top cookies with shredded coconut and bake for 9-11 mins.
- Let cool and serve.