Whoever Said Protein Shakes Were Boring Never Met a Freakshake
What a time to be alive, with the existence of Freak Shakes! As crazy as these mega monster shakes look, deep down you know you want one! The only bad part? (ok well this is really the biggest part about them) they are loaded with fats and sugars and probably very little protein.
For this reason, we thought we’d do our own rendition of a Freakshake without it being your entire kilojoule intake for the day! This delightful Freakshake is protein based featuring our brand spanking new Plantiful Protein, which we are all OBSESSED with! Morlife’s Plantiful Protein features Brown Rice & Pumpkin Seed Proteins and has a deliciously decadent chocolate cacao taste. Packing in superfoods, functional herbs, amino acids and more, you’re going to want to get your hands on this bad boy pronto!
But back to our treat (priorities, right?), for this shake to be next level you’ll want to make our Double Chocolate Cacao Protein Balls, if you won’t be using them, just top with extra fruit!
We used a mason jar to present our Freakshake and brushed the outer rim with maple syrup so we can roll it in desiccated coconut, you know, just for extra wow factor.
Moving onto the vegan chocolate! So simple to make yet so tasty. Simply combine all the vegan chocolate ingredients together, you can taste as you go as you may prefer it to be more sweet or more chocolatey. This can easily be adjusted with the maple and cacao powder. Pour the chocolate into the jar, you can tilt it as you pour for some pretty looking swirls. Make sure you reserve a dash for the chocolatey topping though.
Time for Freakshake blending! This part is pretty simple, just blend all the shake ingredients in a blender until it becomes smooth and creamy, you can use whatever plant based milk you have available. Coconut milk would be a delicious choice but almond would work perfectly too.
Once you’ve got all you components, time for the fun part - putting this creation together! Pour your shake into the jar leaving a little gap, add 3 scoops of the ice cream so it’s just floating on top. Then decorate with fresh fruit on skewers and your protein balls! Once you’ve done that, pour your extra chocolate directly in the middle and watch that beautiful drippage…YUMMMMMM, now sit back and look at your marvellous creation!
If you’re one for sharing (unlike us) grab a straw and your loved one or bestie and enjoy a romantic lady and the tramp moment.
CHOCOLATE PROTEIN FREAKSHAKE
PREP TIME: 20 mins
1 scoop Morlife Plantiful Chocolate Cacao Protein
1 frozen banana
½ cup frozen berries
1 cup almond milk
5 scoops of almond or soy vanilla ice cream (reserve 3 scoops)
½ cup ice
VEGAN CHOCOLATE SYRUP
½ cup melted coconut oil
2-3 tbsp maple syrup
1-2 tbsp Morlife Certified Organic Cacao Powder
2-3 Bliss balls
½ cup desiccated coconut
STEP BY STEP
- Using a pastry brush, brush the outer rim of a mason jar with maple syrup then roll the rim in desiccated coconut.
- In a small cup, mix the vegan chocolate ingredients together and stir until well combined. The texture should be slightly thick, if not then add more cacao powder or if too thick add more maple syrup.
- Pour the vegan chocolate syrup into the jar, tilting it so the chocolate covers the sides. Reserve 2 -3 tbsp chocolate for the topping.
- Blend the freakshake ingredients in a blender, it should be thick, if not add ice. Pour into the mason jar.
- Place 3 scoops of the ice cream into the shake, so half of it is just floating on top.
- Place 2 strawberries on 1 skewer and 2 of the protein balls on the other. Place both skewers into the freakshake and top with blueberries.
- Pour remaining vegan chocolate syrup on top and serve!