10 Ways To Be Happier
Happy International day of Happiness everyone (see what we did there?!). Everyone deserves to find their happiness, so we’ve put together a fun list to help you find your inner happiness!
- Be mindful of what you eat. As the saying goes, you are what you eat! Fuelling your body with the right nutrients from fruits, vegetables and wholesome foods will help you feel good and feel happy!
- Exercise. Get out and about and keep active. When you exercise, your body releases the feel good compounds; endorphins.
- Help & give to others. Generosity and compassion is a highly valued quality within society, it gives you a stronger sense of community and a wonderful feeling to know you truly helped or made a difference to someone.
- Sufficient sleep & rest. An obvious one of course, how many times have you woken up feeling grumpy or tired from lack of sleep or rest? Try and get in at least 7 hours of sleep and listen to your body when it needs rest.
- Have a positive mindset. Having a positive mindset is often associated with success and happiness. By having an optimistic approach on life, you have the right attitude to cope with anything that is thrown at you!
- Don’t compare your life to others. Happiness should never be measured; this is why it’s important to never compare your life or happiness to others. In today’s society where social media is so present, you only get shown the ‘best’ parts of people’s lives as that is what they choose to portray.
- Be appreciative. They say the happiest people are also the most grateful. We can be very quick to make note of all the things we don’t have in life, when we should look at it the other way and realise all the things we DO have. This puts things in perspective and will help you show gratitude.
- Be sociable. Spending more time with family and friends is definitely a key contributor of happiness. If you think back to moments of happiness, almost every memory will include the presence of family and or friends.
- Have a pet! Of course we understand this is not always possible for everyone, but having a fury friend provides endless love and of course happiness.
- Eat more goji berries! Goji berries have been nicknamed the ‘happy berry’ for a long time, due to the feeling of wellbeing they produce. They are also an amazing source of antioxidants, so we all need a bit of goji berry goodness in our lives!