I think we can all agree that 2020 has been an absolute rollercoaster. We’ve all had to rapidly adjust to a different way of living and for many of us, it’s been tough. That said, there has never been a year more in need of World Kindness Day than this one.
World Kindness Day is an annual celebration of one the most important and unifying qualities of the human condition. It serves to bring awareness to the incredible power of kind acts, no matter how small, promoting positivity, compassion and love throughout communities. Because when we practice kindness, we bring people together and collectively build a better world.
What’s more, showing and receiving kindness not only makes us feel all warm and fuzzy inside, but actually improves our overall wellbeing. That’s because wellness is not just about nourishing the body, it’s about nourishing the soul as well. As massive advocates for wellness, this is just the cherry on top.
If you are stumped for ideas this World Kindness Day, we have curated a lovely little list below of kind acts that you can easily action today.
- Compliment a stranger.
- Tell your loved ones you love them.
- Let someone merge in front of you in traffic.
- If you see litter while you’re out and about, chuck it in the bin.
- Deposit your loose change into a charity box or tip jar.
- Leave a kind note on someone’s desk.
- Make dinner for everyone you live with.
- If you catch someone looking at you, give them a smile. 9 times out of 10, they’ll smile back.
- Volunteer your time for a charity you care about.
- Bake something yummy and deliver it to your local police or fire station.
- Tip your Uber Eats delivery person.
- Leave an online review for a business you love, you have no idea how much it helps them out!
- Stop and smell the roses. An oldie but a goodie.
Practice kindness and create a positive wave of change today and every day. A better world starts with you!