Chia seeds originate from South America and have been used as a food for thousands of years by the Mayans and Aztecs. Chia seeds have been labelled a complete superfood as they are the richest plant source of Omega 3, dietary fibre and protein. They also have antioxidant properties. Chia seeds are gluten free and grain free making them a great choice for those who suffer from gluten intolerance. Chia seeds have many different applications and are a convenient way to add some variety to your diet!
5 Different Uses for Chia Seeds
- Chia seeds are perfect to add into any form of baking, including cookies, cakes, slices and bread. You name it!
- They are also delicious as a pudding for breakfast, lunch or dessert. Just mix with water or any form of milk and allow to soak overnight. Add your choice of fruits & nuts and enjoy! We have a super tasty Tummy Lovin' Chia Pud recipe that you can try right here.
- Can be used instead of corn flour or other thickening agents to thicken soups, sauces and gravies.
- Chia seeds can be used as a topping. Sprinkle over dishes to add a healthy crunch.
- Combine with fruit juice or in a smoothie to provide an effective energy boost and/or pre-workout.
As you can see, this simple seed is incredibly versatile and can be added to just about anything your heart desires. It's the tiny seed with massive nutritional benefits. Grab yourself a bag and start reaping the benefits today!
Shop our Certified Organic Chia Seeds here.