100g sugar-free dark chocolate bits
175g dates, pitted
5 egg whites
3 tsp coconut sugar
2 cups greek/natural yoghurt
3 tbs honey (or sweetener of your choice eg. agave syrup, stevia)
1. Put dates in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil and then simmer until the dates are very soft, stirring occasionally.
2. Melt chocolate in a heat proof bowl over a pan of boiling water. Set aside to cool slightly.
3. Process dates and remaining boiling liquid in a food processor until smooth. Let cool, add chocolate and process until combined.
4. Mix yoghurt, acai powder and honey (or other sweetener) in a bowl until combined.
5. Beat egg whites in a very clean, dry bowl until they become white and stiff (be careful not to over-beat!). Add 1 tsp coconut sugar and beat for a minute, add the remaining coconut sugar and beat until egg whites become glossy.
6. Add a small scoop of egg white to date mixture to loosen and then gently fold 1/3 of the egg whites through.
7. Pour a thin layer (around 3cm) of chocolate date mixture into each cup and set in the fridge for 15 minutes.
8. Meanwhile, gently fold remaining egg whites into the acai mixture. Divide amongst cups and set in the fridge for at least an hour.
9. Serve topped with fresh blueberries, coconut flakes, nuts or your choice of toppings!
* You can make this a day ahead! It will store in the fridge overnight – ensure it is covered and kept flat.