Preparation Time: 1 hour
Makes approximately 15 small pikelets
1½ cups gluten-free flour blend (alternatively use whole wheat flour)
2 tbsp Morlife Fibre Klenz
3 Pink Lady apples
2.5 cups almond milk (or cow’s milk)
1 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. maple syrup (plus extra to serve)
Cinnamon to serve
Extra butter/oil for frying pancakes.
1. Sift flour and baking powder into a large bowl.
2. Whisk together milk and egg to combine and add to dry ingredients, ensuring that all lumps are whisked out.
3. Let mixture stand for half an hour.
4. Meanwhile, slice 1 apple into pieces 1-2cm thick and chop the other 2 apples into small cubes.
5. Heat 1 tbsp. butter (or coconut oil) and 2 tbsp maple syrup in a non-stick fry pan Add apple slices and cubes to the pan and cook until soft and caramelised, approximately 15 minutes. Remove from the pan and stir half of the apple cubes into the pancake mixture.
6. Using the same fry pan, drop 1 tbsp of the pancake mixture onto the hot pan and cook until golden on both sides. Repeat with the rest of the mixture. Butter/oil may need to be added to the pan to prevent sticking.
7. Serve stacked with caramelised apple slices, a sprinkle of cinnamon and a drizzle of maple syrup.