Who’s got the sauce? You’ve got the sauce with this killer recipe created by our girl Lola Berry’s wonderful partner and fellow foodie Matt! Guaranteed to bring the flavour without any hidden nasties, this homemade ketchup will quickly replace the store bought kind in your kitchen.
400g bottle tomato purée (We used the mutti brand)
400g tin chopped tomatoes
140g tin of tomato concentrate
1 tbsp salt
100ml apple cider vinegar
1/8 tsp ground clove (add to taste)
Pinch of cinnamon
Pinch of all spice
*** Tailor sweetness and spice to taste ***
- Simmer on a low heat for around 30 - 40 mins until sauce thickens.
- Taste at the half way point.
- Sweetness develops over time with cooking.
- Once cooked, blend in a food processor / stick blender or leave chunky.
- Lasts 3 weeks in the fridge or can be frozen.