A mama's work is never done, so a quick break to enjoy something sweet is totally deserved. These fluffy, sponge-like donuts are a great treat to kick back and relax with, featuring our new caramel flavoured Morlife x Gretty Rose MamaSeed which combines the goodness of greens with certified organic plant proteins. We all know we should eat more 'hole' foods so go ahead and treat yo'self, mama!
115g soft dates, pitted (or soak the dried dates in hot water to soften)
3/4 cup full-fat coconut milk, canned
1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax seeds + 3 tbsp water, whisked together and set for 15 minutes)
1 cup oat flour (ground rolled oats)
1 tbsp vanilla essence or vanilla bean paste
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
5 tbsp coconut cream
2 tsp maple syrup
1 tbsp Morlife x Gretty Rose Mamaseed
Chocolate of choice
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Place the pitted dates, coconut milk and flax egg into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. There should be no chunks of date left.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the oat flour, vanilla essence/vanilla bean paste, baking powder and baking soda. Stir well.
- Add in the date mixture and stir well to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into a standard size donut pan and smooth it out with the back of your spoon. Or pour the batter into a zip lock bag, cut off the bottom corner and pipe the batter into the donut pan.
- Bake for 15-25 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Mix together the coconut cream, maple syrup and MamaSeed.
- Place the mixture in the fridge for 30-60 minutes or until thickened.
- Dip the tops of the donuts in the glaze and set aside to harden, then dip again to get a thick coating. Sprinkle the donuts with chocolate of choice. Enjoy!