We’ve given bloody good muffins a whole new meaning with these glassy, gory, choc chip banana baddies. With creamy coconut icing and blood so real you’ll be questioning your morals, these crime scene sweets break the law for being so darn good.
- 1 bag packet of Morlife® Steph Pase BANANA SPLIT Choc Chip Muffin Mix 280g
- 2 Medium Bananas, overripe & mashed
- 2 Large Eggs, whisked
- 2 Tbsp. (40 mL) Rice Malt Syrup
- 2 Tsp. (10 mL) Coconut Oil
- 6 Tbsp salted butter, room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup coconut cream, room temperature
- Corn syrup
- 1 tsp Morlife® Certified Organic Beetroot Powder
- 3 drops red food dye
- Preheat fan forced oven to 180°C.
- Grease or line a 12-hole muffin tray.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl together, mixing well.
- Pour an even amount of batter into each hole of the muffin tray.
- Bake for 12-15 mins or until a knife comes out clean~.
- Allow to cool and enjoy.
~Cooking times may vary between ovens.
- Beat butter on its own in a stand mixer for 5-10 mins on high until pale and fluffy.
- Add coconut cream and beat on medium until combined, just about 15 - 30 secs.
- Add 1 cup powdered sugar, beat to combine. Repeat 2 more times with remaining powdered sugar. Add vanilla & beat on high 2 more minutes until combined.
- Ice your muffins!
- Garnish with jagged pieces of hard, clear plastic for a broken glass effect.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Drizzle over icing and plastic.