Orange Bundt Cake with Passionfruit and Yoghurt (Couli)
Serves: 1 cake
Prep & make time: 20 minutes
For the cake
- 3 ¾ cups (450g) gluten-free* flour
Notes: For the gluten-free flour, use the following: 2 cups (240g) millet flour, 1 cup (120g) quinoa flour, ¾ cup (90g) green banana flour, and 2 teaspoons xanthan gum.
- 2 ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 tbsp (32g) orange zest
- 1 tbsp (14g) unsalted butter or coconut oil, melted and cooled slightly
- 4 large egg whites, room temperature
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp. monk fruit juice powder
- ¾ cup (180g) plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup (210mL) freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 cup (240mL) nonfat milk
For the drizzle
- 2 ½ - 2 ¾ tsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tbs Maple syrup
For the couli
- 2 cans Passionfruit pulp syrup
- 1 tsp. guar gum
- 1 sever Morlife Complete Gut Restore
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and generously coat a 12-cup bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray or nonstick cooking spray with flour.
- To prepare the cake, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Once thoroughly combined, whisk in the orange zest. In a separate bowl, whisk together the butter, egg whites, vanilla extract, and Monk Fruit. Stir in the Greek yogurt, mixing until no large lumps remain. Stir in the orange juice. Alternate between adding the flour mixture and milk, beginning and ending with the flour mixture, and stirring just until incorporated. (For best results, add the flour mixture in 3 equal parts.)
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Bake at 350°F for 50-60 minutes or until the top feels firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring the cake to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the cake has completely cooled to room temperature and just before serving, prepare the drizzle. Stir together the maple syrup and orange juice in a small bowl, drizzle over the cooled cake.
- Lastly, whisk together couli ingredients with a fork and pour over cake. Option, garnish with fresh cut oranges.
- Serve and enjoy!
For more drizzle (and a sweeter cake!), double the drizzle.
If you make these, be sure to tag us in your pics @morlife_ #morlife ;)