Hearty and healthy, pumpkin chips are a real delight and great alternative to your standard potato chip. Vibrantly coloured vegetables are crucial to your health and these butternut pumpkin chips will provide you with a massive dose of orange goodness!
Healthy phytonutrients like beta-carotene are responsible for painting these beauties orange. Not only do these chips offer you nutrients, they are also low in starch, sugar and fat! So really, what are you waiting for? We paired this chip with Morlife Smokey Barbeque Superdip Mix and natural yoghurt, but you can use greek yoghurt for a thicker dip consistency.
Super easy to make, incredibly delicious and so so good for you this recipe is a winner. If you are planning on sharing this, you better make A LOT because everyone’s going to come back for more….and more….and more!
PUMPKIN CHIPS WITH SMOKEY BARBEQUE SUPERDIP MIX
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 1 hour
1 packet Morlife Smokey Barbeque Superdip Mix
250mL (1 cup) Natural or unsweetened greek yoghurt
1 butternut pumpkin
Salt and pepper (to taste)
STEP BY STEP
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Peel pumpkin, remove seeds and cut into thick chips.
- Place onto baking trays lined with baking paper, leaving spaces between the chips. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for approximately an hour or until golden, turning chips over half way through for even cooking.
- Meanwhile, prepare dip by mixing the contents of the SuperDip Mix pouch with 1 cup of yoghurt. For a vegan alternative, try coconut yoghurt. Place in the fridge until the chips are ready.
- Serve pumpkin chips and SuperDip together. Enjoy!