Vibrant, fun, antioxidant deliciousness!, just a few words to describe these amazing Raw Acai Lemon Bars we whipped up. Raw, vegan and gluten free, these bad boys cover all dietary requirements, making them the perfect crowd pleaser at parties or gatherings.
These bars contain 3 mouth-watering layers, a soft yet crunchy base, a creamy lemon filling and of course the brilliant vibrant acai topping. We’ve used our Certified Organic Acai Powder which is freeze dried, a low temperature drying method that retains the natural flavour and nutritional profile of the acai powder. We’ve measured our Acai Powder using ORAC testing to show its antioxidant capacity, and combined with the blueberries you’ll be nourishing your body from the inside out with all the antioxidant goodness!
Before you start, soak 2 cups of raw cashews in water, just enough so they’re all covered, allow them to soak for 20 minutes. This is for the lemon filling; soaking them will allow the filling to become nice and creamy. Another important step, grease your pan to ensure the bar will come out easily, coconut oil will do fine. Alternatively you can line the pan with baking paper.
We added a dash of Maca Powder in the base which contributes a pleasant nutty taste. Maca Powder is also a fantastic Peruvian superfood which is associated with many health benefits (did you know we now stock red and black Maca Powder as well?!). Once you’ve completed the base and the creamy filling, allow the bar to freeze for at least 30 minutes before pouring on the acai topping.
Once you’ve finally completed your delish creation and it has completely set, cut into squares and then its time to decorate (or in our case, the final obstacle until we can devour them). We kept it simple and used lemon peel and fresh blueberries.
RAW ACAI LEMON BARS
PREP TIME: 15 mins
SET TIME: 4.5 hours
MAKES: 12-18 bars
2 cups pitted medjool dates
2 cups raw unsalted cashews
½ tsp sea salt
2 cups raw cashews, soaked for 20 minutes
2 cups coconut cream
2 tbsp coconut oil
4 tbsp agave
1/3 cup lemon juice & zest
½ cup frozen blueberries
3 tbsp agave syrup
½ cup coconut cream
STEP BY STEP
- Place crust ingredients into a food processor and process until crumbly.
- Grease a 9x9 baking pan with oil and gently press base mixture to the bottom of the pan.
- Drain cashews and blend filling ingredients in a food processor until smooth and creamy, pour filling mixture on top of base. Allow to freeze for 30 minutes
- Blend topping ingredients in a food processor until smooth and creamy. Pour on top of base & filling mixture and place in freezer for 2-4 hours or until set.
- Cut into square slices and garnish with lemon zest and peel