Red Velvet Cake O's
Mini donut tray
2 tbsp. coconut flour
2 tbsp. almond flour
1 medium-sized banana
1 tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. xanthan gum
2 tbsp. coconut sugar
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 tsp. cinnamon
¼ tsp. natural vanilla extract
1 tsp. Morlife Beetroot powder
RED BERRY ICING INGREDIENTS & DIRECTIONS
½ cup icing sugar
1 tsp. (levelled) Morlife Beetroot powder
1 tsp. (levelled) Morlife Antiox Reds powder
3 tsp. lemon Juice
2 tsp. water (or until right consistency is reached)
1. Mix icing sugar, beetroot powder, Antiox Reds powder and lemon juice in a bowl until all powders are dissolved.
2. Add water by teaspoons until right consistency is achieved.
COCONUT ICING INGREDIENTS & DIRECTIONS
½ cup light cream cheese
½ cup Greek yogurt
1 tbsp. coconut powder
¼ cup icing sugar
1. Mix all ingredients with an electrical mixer or whisk until fully combined and glossy.
1. Heat Oven to 175⁰C.
2. Mix dry ingredients (coconut flour, almond flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, coconut sugar, cinnamon, salt, beetroot powder) in a bowl until combined.
3. Mash banana in another bowl and add eggs, vanilla extract, and oil and whisk until combined.
4. Add wet mixture to dry mixture and whisk until fully combined and a bright red-purple colour appears.
5. Fill a piping bag with the dough, and pipe into donut shapes.
6. Smooth the dough on the surface of donuts with a wet spoon for better end results and then put tray in oven for 10 minutes.
7. In the meantime, prepare the icing of your choosing (See icing directions).
8. When donuts are ready and cooled, dip top of donut in icing and enjoy!