Turmeric and Pecan Ice Cream
I scream, you scream, we all scream for (turmeric) ice cream!
Ladies and gentlemen, you are not ready for the flavour combo that is about to grace your palate. Waaaayyy up there with the famed pistachio, this Turmeric and Pecan Ice Cream just hits different. Thicker, richer and enchantingly spicy, devour this magic with a cone or on its own for a homemade dessert you’ll be serving up to all your friends.
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked)
- 1 can coconut milk
- ½ can coconut cream
- 3 tbsp raw pecans (more for topping if desired)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 serves Spiced Vanilla Turmeric Latte
- Soak cashews in a bowl of hot water for 10 mins (or until soft). Set aside and let cool.
- Once cashews are ready (soft and cooled), layer a standard loaf tin with baking paper, allowing ends to hang over the sides. Place in freezer while preparing the ice cream.
- Drain cashews, and add them to a blender or food processor- along with all other ingredients.
- Process on high until pecans and cashews are broken down and everything is fully combined.
- Remove the prepared tin from freezer and pour in the ice cream mixture.
- Place in the freezer overnight to harden. Be sure to place the pan on a flat surface so it hardens evenly.
- The next day, remove from freezer
- Top with more pecans (if desired) and serve!