1 1/2 cups almond meal
3/4 cup Morlife Certified Organic Cacao powder
1 cup raw cane sugar or sugar of choice
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup (125ml) soy or almond milk
2/3 cup (160ml) coconut oil, melted
2 tsp vanilla paste
1 x 400g can of black beans, rinsed & drained
1 tbsp flax meal (ground flaxseed)
3 tbsp water
STEP BY STEP
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. Mix the flax meal and water in a small bowl and set aside for 5 minutes - this essentially is going to create an 'egg replacer'.
- Blend the wet ingredients (everything apart from the flaxmeal & water) in a high speed blender until thick and creamy.
- Pour this mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until all lumps are gone. Fold the flax meal mixture in last. It should resemble a thick batter
- Pour into a loaf tin or brownie tine that is lined with baking paper. Bake for approximately 35-40 minutes. Keep an eye on it as I'm aware ovens vary greatly. Please note, the brownie will still be incredibly soft as soon as it is removed from the oven! This is a good thing as it means it's going to be incredibly doughy and delicious. Allow the brownie to cool completely before slicing by either popping it in the freezer for 10 mins or the fridge for around 30 mins. This will allow the coconut oil to solidify and results in the perfect texture!
- Slice your brownie into your desired sizes. Dust with Morlife Certified Organic Cacao powder before serving.