The love surrounding the classic Fish and Chips is well documented and to be honest, we're not totally innocent when it comes to saying no to those empty calorie fast foods. We're human, and we understand that we get cravings for naughty foods from time to time.
But what if there was a way to superfoodie this classic combo into something a little bit healthier without losing the taste? Our new SuperDip Mix range recently featured in GoodnessMe Box's Special Edition Leah Itsines May Box and with our Spinach, Herb & Onion SuperDip Mix she recreated this all-time favourite!
LEAH ITSINES' HEALTHY FISH & CHIPS
2 cups panko bread crumbs or almond meal
2 tablespoons Morlife SuperDip Mix (Leah used Spinach, Herb & Onion)
2 tablespoons paprika - option
2 tablespoons dried oregano - option
Pinch salt & pepper
fillets Flathead fish or any firm fresh white fish, sliced into 'fingers'
Olive or coconut oil for cooking
STEP BY STEP
- Preheat a frypan on medium heat.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Whisk eggs in a seperate bowl.
- Dip fish pieces in egg mix then coat evenly with the crumb mix.
- Heat oil in the pan and cook the fish pieces until crispy and golden.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon and yoghurt dip and some sweet potato chips.
This content originally appeared at goodnessmebox.com