"The name really says it all here! This cheesecake is a killer. Creamy, peanut infused vanilla cheesecake laced with delicious chunks of caramel, finished with a chocolate ganache, crushed nuts and sweet peanut butter cookie dough balls. You won't believe how easy this is to make, and you can rest assured it won't be around long after it's made. Feel free to adapt this into silicone moulds or even turn it into a slice by freezing it in a loaf or brownie pan" - Sam Murphy, So Beautifully Real
1 cup almonds
1 cup coconut flakes
1 cup medjool dates, pitted
Pinch of salt
3 cups raw cashews, soaked 3-6 hrs
3/4 cup maple syrup
1 1/2 cups almond milk
2 tsp vanilla bean paste
4 tbsp natural peanut butter
3/4 cup melted coconut oil
1 1/2 cup dates, pitted & soaked in boiling water for 1 hr
2 tbsp almond butter
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
1/2 tsp pink salt
COOKIE DOUGH BALLS:
1/4 of the caramel mixture
3 tbsp coconut flour
3-4 tbsp almond meal
MELTED VEGAN CHOCOLATE:
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup maple syrup
pinch of pink salt
STEP BY STEP
1. To make the base, pulse/blend the almonds, coconut and salt until a fine meal forms. Add the dates and continue to blend until it begins to stick together into a dough. Press into a small-medium springform cake tin and freeze.
2. Prepare the caramel by blending the dates (drain them from water first), almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla bean and salt in a high powered food processor until a smooth and thick caramel forms. Set aside in a bowl.
3. For the cheesecake layer, simply blend everything apart form the coconut oil in a high powered blender until smooth and creamy. Add the coconut oil last and continue to blend until no lumps remain.
4. Pour the cheesecake filling over the base. Reserve 1/4 of the caramel in a separate bowl (for decorating later) and evenly distribute the rest of the caramel around the cheesecake using a spoon, pressing it into the cake as you go (I like to place it in chunks). Flatten the top of the cheesecake before placing it back in the freezer to freeze overnight.
5. To decorate the cake, simply combine the Peanut Butter bliss ball mixture together in a bowl until a dough forms. Add more almond meal if needed. Roll into balls and decorate the cake as you wish.
6. Melt the coconut oil and Morlife Certified Organic Cacao powder in a heat proof bowl over a pot of boiling water and stir.
7. Finish by decorating with vegan chocolate, crushed nuts and edible flowers.
TIP: Slice the cake after you have allowed it to defrost for 10 minutes and remove it from the springform pan. Keep any un-eaten slices in the freezer and defrost as you need