Super Quick Summer Salad
Make room on your table for this light yet bold Fennel and Orange Summer Salad! As far as side salads go, this one is a real super hero! You'll love the contrast between the goji berries, orange pieces and gorgeous rocket leaves (and the fact it can be whipped up in minutes).
We'll be making this salad along with the rest of our Christmas lunch spread but there's no reason you couldn't make this delicious salad any time of year. We love the fusion of textures in this salad with the crunchiness of the nuts and fresh fennel paired with the juicy pieces of orange and goji berries. Transform this into a main meal by adding some additional vegetables or protein.
Need some extra Christmas table inspiration? Check out our Christmas recipe collection here.
SUPER QUICK SUMMER SALAD
MAKES: 1 large side salad
MAKE TIME: 10 min
INGREDIENTS3 bulbs of fennel
1 handful of slivered almonds, toasted
2 heaped cups rocket
1 handful Morlife Certified Organic Goji Berries
Olive oil, salt, pepper (to dress)
STEP BY STEP
- Place goji berries in a bowl and cover with water
- Thinly shave the fennel and place in a bowl of ice water
- Dry toast the almonds in a fry pan until golden. Set aside
- Peel and thinly slice the oranges
- Drain the fennel and season with Himalayan salt
- Drain the goji berries and set aside
- Layer a serving platter in the following order: rocket, orange slices, fennel, goji berries and top with toasted almonds
- Dress with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste