Caramel Crepes Two Ways
There is nothing more iconic than bringing mum breakfast in bed on Mother’s Day as a child, and watching her still smile even as you hand her slightly burnt toast and orange juice for the third year in a row.
Fear not, we are here to help you step it up from your traditional breakfast in bed menu with these quick, simple and incredibly delicious protein crepes that are sure to impress.
If you want to get extra fancy and show mum she raised a true chef, try our Vegan Lacuma Sauce - for the perfect partner and cherry on top of this delicious, nutritious breakfast.
Vegan or not, we’ve got mum covered.
VEGAN CREPES V/S NON-VEGAN CREPES
Vegan Protein Crepes (GF)
1 cup Buckwheat flour
2 scoops of Morlife Plantiful Protein Vanilla Fudge
2 cup of Almond milk
1 tsp. Vanilla essence
1 tbsp. Coconut oil (or nut oil)
1. Place a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
2. In a bowl combine Buckwheat flour, Almond milk, oil, vanilla essence, and protein powder. Whisk until protein powder is dissolved.
3. Scoop about 1/2 of the mixture (if using an 8-inch pan) or 1/3 of the mix if using a smaller pan, into the pan and rotate the pan around so the batter spreads thin. Cook until the bottom is lightly browned and flip it over to cook through. Ensure that the temperature is not too hot as it will burn the crepe.
Hint: if the mixture seems too thick add a little more almond milk or water, OR if you prefer a fluffier-pancake like texture can also reduce the liquids.
4. Slide onto a plate and top the crepes with your favourite nut butter or our vegan Lucuma Caramel Sauce and serve with fresh fruits and/or yogurt.
Flourless Protein Crepe (GF) (Non-vegan)
- 4-6 crepes
- 1 cup Full cream milk
- 3 Scoops of Morlife WPC concentrate Vanilla Protein Powder
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- Place a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. In a bowl combine egg whites, milk and protein powder and whisk until protein powder is dissolved.
- Scoop about 1/2 of the mixture (if using an 8-inch pan) or 1/3 of the mix if using a smaller pan, into the pan and rotate the pan around so the batter spreads thin. Cook until the bottom is lightly browned and flip it over to cook through. Make sure it’s at high temperature.
- Slide onto a plate and top with your favourite nut butter or our Lacuma Caramel sauce served with fresh fruits and/or yogurt.