We've got a little thing with the number three happening over here. Three ingredient falafels, a three ingredient dip to go with and we're publishing this on a Wednesday, the third day of the week. Though given how much we've been uttering the word 'Falafel' since our brand new Hemp Falafel Mix launched then you'd be unsurprised our 'th' words have become 'f' sounding. Blabbering aside, this recipe is so easy to make and equally easy to eat! We're showcasing our Hemp Falafel Mix at its simplest so you can see just how to enjoy it on its own and let the texture and flavours shine through. For this recipe we chose to bake our falafels but if you want you can definitely opt to shallow pan fry them instead.
All you'll need for this recipe is a couple of spoons, a couple of bowls and an oven. Yep!!! You can now make homemade, healthy falafels from scratch without a food processor. Sorry food processor, we love you but sometimes you're a real pain to lift out of your awkward spot in the pantry. Whipping this up is a cinch, just empty the mix into a bowl, add water and a dash of olive oil and stir to combine! Zero prep required. Texture will not be lacking, with chickpeas, the herb and spice blend and chia seeds, this mix is the perfect blend.
Look we know this isn't exactly a traditional falafel but we've struck the balance between a nod to traditional, classic falafel flavour and a nod to superfood boosting (namely through the hemp protein, chia seeds and chia flour. Each serve gives you 13.4g of fibre which is a massive help to those of us who struggle to get enough fibre and stay *regular* along with 12.8g of plant-based protein goodness. We're excited, you're excited, so let's dig in.
HEMP FALAFELS WITH TANGY TURMERIC SUPERDIP
PREP + COOK TIME: 25 mins
200 mL water
Olive oil (spray and liquid)
1 packet (200 g) Morlife Hemp Falafel Mix
TANGY TURMERIC SUPERDIP
STEP BY STEP
- Preheat oven to 200⁰C
- In a bowl, combine Hemp Falafel Mix packet contents with 200 mL of water and a dash of olive oil
- Allow mixture to rest and water to absorb for 5 minutes and stir again
- With damp hands, shape falafel mix into small to medium size balls
- Spray falafels lightly with oil and place on a baking paper lined tray
- Bake for 20 minutes until light brown and crispy, flipping half way
- While falafels are baking in the oven, mix contents of one Morlife Tangy Turmeric SuperDip Mix with a cup of unsweetened coconut yoghurt. Top with a tablespoon of hulled hemp seeds.
- Remove baked falafels from oven and plate up along with your dip