Chia Seeds For Breakfast - Two Ways
High in fibre, antioxidant rich, and loaded with Omega 3 fatty acids... what is there not to love about Chia Seeds? These tiny little seeds are superfood heavyweights so they're the perfect way to start your day. Here we've created two, simple, easy and tasty breakfast recipes that you can even enjoy on the go!
COCONUT CHIA PUDDING
1 Cup coconut milk (or other milk)
1 Tbsp. honey
2 Medjool dates
½ Tsp. vanilla essence
¼ Tsp. cinnamon
Fresh fruit (optional)
STEP BY STEP
- In a blender blitz coconut milk, honey, dates, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Stir through chia seeds and place in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours (best left over night).
- Transfer pudding into a jar and garnish with Greek yoghurt and fresh fruit.
CHIA SEED BARS
PREP TIME: 25 mins
MAKES: 12 bars
1 Cup Morlife Cert. Org. Chia Seeds
½ Cup buckwheat kernels
½ Cup pistachios, chopped
½ Cup Morlife Dried Strawberries, chopped
½ Tsp. cinnamon
¼ Tsp. cardamom
Pinch of salt
1 Cup almond butter
½ Cup honey
½ Tsp. rose water
STEP BY STEP
- Line a flat baking tray with baking paper. Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Individually melt almond butter and honey in microwave at 20 second intervals and stir into dry mix.
- Stir in rose water.
- Press mixture onto the baking tray and cut into rectangles. It should be 1-2cm thick.
- Cook bars in oven for 10-15 minutes until slightly golden.