We’ve been dying to make donut holes since seeing them pop up everywhere on Instagram and Pinterest. Caught between our love for chocolate and caramel, we decided to make the flavour of these melt in your mouth donut holes BOTH, thanks to our Cacao and Yacon Powders!
Yacon will become your new best friend in raw cooking and baking thanks to its nutritional and tasty properties. Its delicious sweet flavour resembles hints of maple and caramel... who isn't getting excited right now?! The great part is, Yacon is a prebiotic fibre too which contains a good source of fibre.
These donut holes encapsulate utter magic deliciousness with an irresistible glaze that will leave you begging for more! Prior to making these donut holes, you will need to pre soak the cashews for at least 3-4 hours to get the right consistency. We recommend doing it the night before just to make it easier. Then, its just a matter of blending the ingredients up together and forming them into ball shapes. When we made this we got 18 balls, but of course you can make them bigger or smaller depending on how you like them.
The glaze…heaven on earth!!! Complementing these delicious donut holes perfectly, you’ll find yourself going back for more! After we smothered them with the glaze, we sprinkled some of our delicious, crunchy Cacao Nibs on top. You’ll need to place them in the freezer for at least 15 minutes before enjoying. They’ll keep in the fridge for up to 1 week (that’s a lot of self control you’ll have to practise to keep them that long!).
RAW CACAO & YACON DONUT HOLES
PREP TIME: 4.5 hours (including cashew soak time)
MAKES: 15-20 donut holes
1 cup almond flour
1 cup cashews (soaked for 4 hours prior)
1 cup medjool dates
2 tbsp. Morlife Organic Yacon Powder
2 tbsp. coconut oil
½ tsp sea salt
3 tbsp. coconut oil
2 tbsp. maple syrup
½ tsp. Morlife Organic Yacon Powder
½ tsp. vanilla extract
1/3 cup Morlife Organic Cacao Nibs
STEP BY STEP
- In a food processor, grind donut hole ingredients until a moist dough forms. Roll into 3cm balls then set aside.
- Using the double boiler method, melt coconut oil and maple syrup in a bowl.
- Add the Morlife Organic Yacon Powder and vanilla extract. Mix well to combine.
- Using a fork, coat the donut holes in the glaze then sprinkle Morlife Certified Organic Cacao Nibs on half the donut holes.
- Place on a lined baking tray, repeat this process for all the donut holes then place in the freezer to set for at least 15 minutes.