Summer is quickly approaching and there is nothing more satisfying to us than sitting out in the sun with a big bowl of this frozen, delicious, nutritious goodness. Majority of us are wanting to get into shape and kick goals at the gym to get a killer summer bod but don’t want to just live off boring old chicken and broccoli and protein shakes that taste like Arnold Schwarzenegger’s sweat just to get our protein intake in. This thick, creamy, smoothie bowl is jam packed with an abundance of protein and nutrients, making it a must have in our books.
Featuring our brand spanking new vegan friendly Vanilla Fudge Plantiful Protein that contains 22 grams of protein, this 4 ingredient bowl is your secret weapon to refuelling and recovery.
So, why do I need a recovery bowl you ask? Recovery nutrition aids in promoting muscle repair and growth, boost adaptation from the training session and support immune function.
What makes this protein bowl so bloody good? Our new Vanilla Fudge Plantiful Protein is vegan friendly and gluten free - made with a blend of; brown rice, hemp seed and pumpkin seed protein, which make up 46% of your recommended daily protein intake, per serve. We’ve also chucked in:
- A blend of amino acids to increase muscle protein synthesis
- Minerals such as; iodine, zinc, iron, magnesium, calcium, vitamin B12 and Vitamin D
- Gut loving glutamine
- Herbal extracts that improve feelings of wellbeing, increase fat oxidation and boost metabolism
- Functional enzymes to aid in the digestion of protein, minerals and B12
- Super greens including kelp, broccoli sprout and certified organic kale powder that help balance the acid-forming aspects of protein metabolism
Yes I know, we’ve rambled on about only one ingredient, what else is in the bowl?
To create this bowl you will also need frozen banana (which makes it nice and thick like ice cream), almond milk and vanilla extract, viola!
The carbohydrates present in the frozen banana help replenish muscle fuel stores and help with the absorption of protein – making our Vanilla Fudge Plantiful Protein and banana a match made in heaven.
If you want to take this bowl to the next level (who doesn’t?!), get creative with the toppings. Our favourite topping mix consists of Blueberries, dark chocolate squares and cacao nibs for antioxidants and a few pistachio nuts for extra crunch and healthy fats. The world is your oyster when it comes to topping ideas.
POST-WORKOUT RECOVERY SMOOTHIE BOWL
MAKE TIME: 10 min
1 frozen banana
200 ml unsweetened almond milk
2 scoops Plantiful Protein Vanilla Fudge
1 tsp vanilla extract
handful fresh blueberries
1 square dark chocolate (min 70%)
2 tsp Morlife Organic Cacao Nibs
Sprinkle of almonds
Sprinkle of Morlife Organic Chia seeds
STEP BY STEP
- Add all of the smoothie bowl ingredients into a blender and process until smooth and creamy. Transfer into your bowl.
- Top with topping ingredients and enjoy!