All your prayers have been answered, heaven in the form of a raw vegan brownie now exists! We wanted to create something irresistibly gooey and delicious using our new Organic Yacon Powder, and we think its safe to say, we achieved this!
Yacon Powder is a fantastic sweetener to use which will definitely complete any baked goods, particularly raw and vegan treats. This is thanks to its delicious maple, caramel like taste. Yacon is a prebiotic fibre too which contains a good source of fibre in every 10g serve!
This take your breath away brownie recipe contains three decadent layers which get better with every bite! Prior to making this recipe, we recommend soaking the cashews overnight so they will provide a delicious creamy texture and be easier to blend. We used a loaf pan as it was smaller, therefore will give thicker brownies! Most importantly- don’t forget to line your pan to make it easier to remove your delicious creation! There's nothing worse than seeing your hard work ruined because it wouldn't come out of its pan (and you resorted to all kinds of actions to get it out!).
This recipe is pretty versatile, you can use whatever nut butter you desire when making the caramel yacon filling, but because we are huge fans of peanut butter, we highly recommend using that. If you're not a peanut butter person though, almond butter is definitely an awesome choice.
Once you’ve assembled everything together, place it in the freezer for at least 4 hours. We recommend freezing overnight; just to be sure the mixture sets properly. Remember how we said nothing is worse than seeing your hard word ruined when it won't come out of the pan. Well same goes for when you go to cut into your brownie and you hit something gooey. That is definitely not what you want! When you’re ready to finally enjoy its deliciousness, simply take it out of the pan and cut it into squares, serve and enjoy! These brownies keep in the fridge for up to a week.
RAW CARAMEL YACON BROWNIES
PREP TIME: 20 mins
FREEZE TIME: 4 hours (min)
MAKES: 6-12 slices
1 cup cashews (soaked overnight)
1/3 cup Morlife Certified Organic Cacao Powder
1 cup medjool dates
1 ½ cup medjool date
1 ½ cup coconut milk (from a can)
½ tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp Morlife Organic Yacon Powder
½ cup peanut butter
1/3 cup maple syrup
5 tbsp coconut oil
½ cup Morlife Certified Organic Cacao Powder
STEP BY STEP
- Line a 7x7 pan or loaf tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place all base ingredients in a blender and process until they form a dough consistency.
- Press the base into the pan using a spatula and set aside
Caramel Yacon Filling
- Place filling ingredients into a blender, apart from the peanut butter. Process on high until ingredients become smooth. Add the peanut butter and process on high until a creamy and smooth texture is formed.
- Pour the filling on top of the brownie layer and place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, add maple syrup and coconut oil, mixing well to combine. Slowly add the cacao powder and mix well until a smooth texture forms.
- Pour the topping over caramel yacon filling and set in the freezer for at least 4 hours (overnight is best)
- Cut into squares and serve. Enjoy!