These delicious egg muffins are the perfect snacking and breakfast solution! It’s not often that you find a healthy, savoury snack that’s packed with veggies AND super convenient at the same time.
The best part is that you can make them in advance and even freeze them! Simply pop in the microwave for a minute or so to warm through OR they are just as good eaten cold because we understand lunch on the go sometimes needs to be eaten cold.
Incorporating quinoa grains to a frittata-style muffin provides a good source of fibre and can help keep that satisfied, fulfilling feeling to avoid over-snacking between meals!
Morlife Certified Organic Tricolour Quinoa contain a range of antioxidants.
*Handy tip: Add any veggies that you have on-hand and mix it up with different flavours by adding chopped olives and alternative herbs such as rosemary.
You can easily make these dairy free by removing the feta cheese and replacing with any other ingredient! (We think chopped sundried tomatoes are a deliciously gourmet addition).
Tricolour Quinoa & Veggie Egg Muffins
PREP TIME: 1 hour
COOK TIME: 30 mins (approx)
SERVES: 25 bite size muffins
1 cup Morlife Certified Organic Tricolour Quinoa, cooked
1 capsicum, diced
1 tomato, diced
1 medium zucchini, grated
1 small brown onion, diced
3/4 cup choice of flour (we used plain organic)
1/2 cup Feta cheese, crumbled
Salt and pepper, to taste
Handful fresh basil leaves, torn
Olive oil for greasing
STEP BY STEP
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Cook Morlife Certified Organic Tricolour Quinoa as directed on the package and set aside to cool.
- Transfer the cooked quinoa to a mixing bowl and add the rest of the prepared ingredients, mix thoroughly to combine.
- Grease a mini muffin tray with olive oil and gently spoon the mixture, filling it almost to the top. Place in the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown on the edges.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving. Prepare a quick leafy green salad if enjoying these muffins for lunch or dinner. Enjoy!